First Eucharist and First Reconciliation
The Sacrament Books used are, "Reconciliation" and "Eucharist" published by RCL Benzinger. Each cahpter of both books has a family component that we encourage families to complete at home. This practice helps you see what your child is learning in class and reinforce that learning by making a connection at home when you go over the page together.
Please feel free to call or email Linda Kramer - Lkramer@stedith.org or 734-464-2020 with any questions.
At St. Edith Parish, we celebrate the Sacrament of Reconciliation before the Sacrament of First Eucharist. The Sacrament of Reconciliation helps to strengthen our relationship with God and each other and helps prepare us to receive Jesus in the Eucharist. We celebrate Reconciliation in January and First Eucharist in May. We are blessed to assist you and your child during this time in their faith development.
Important 2023-2024 Dates
Sacrament Meetings for Reconciliation/First Eucharist
- Parent/Student Meeting scheduled for Sunday, September 24, 2023 from 9:45-10:45 am in the School Gym, and/or Monday, September 25, 2023 from 5:00-6:00 pm in the Parish Hall. Please choose whichever of these two times best fits your schedule.
- First Reconciliation celebrations will be held on January 13, 20, and 27, 2024 at 1:00 pm. A Sign-Up Genius will be sent to parents to choose the date which best meets your family needs. Children must arrive by 12:45 pm on your chosen day.
First Eucharist Retreat
- Saturday, March 16, 2024, from 2:00-6:00 pm
- All required First Eucharist Forms are due, if not previously submitted.
(Forms required: First Eucharist Application and Baptism Certificate (only if Baptism was not at St. Edith).
- Parents bring students to church at 2:00 pm. Students will participate in a few Eucharist based activities including an opportunity to taste an unconsecrated host.
- All families are invited to celebrate the 5:00 pm Mass as a meaningful way to close the Eucharist Retreat.
- Banner Kits will be available for purchase at Retreat check-in. Banners are to be completed at home and returned for the First Eucharist Mass to hang on the family pew.
First Eucharist Rehearsal
- Thursday, May 2, 2024, 6:30-7:30 pm in the Church
First Eucharist Celebration
- May 4, 2024, at 9:00 am and 12:00 noon.
A Sign-Up Genius will be sent to parents to choose the celebration time preferred.
Arrive at Church a minimum of 20 minutes before the Celebration to have a Family/Banner picture taken.
A small reception follows each celebration in the Parish Hall.
Sacraments Out-of-Step Registration closed
A child in 3rd Grade or above that has not received First Reconciliation or First Eucharist, can register for the Out-of-Step Program (OOS). Classes meet on Sundays from 9:00-9:40 am.
- October 1, 15, 29, November 12, December 3, 17, 2023
- Celebration - See above
First Eucharist Classes:
- February 11, 25, March 3, April 7, 21
- Retreat - March 16, 2024 - See above
- Rehearsal - See above
- Celebration - See above
If you have any questions or require more information, please contact
Linda Kramer, Director of Religious Education
(734) 464-2020 or LKramer@stedith.org