Mass - November 29, 2020
First Week of Advent
Advent Spiritual Adoption Program
Cindy Wishart of Encounter Ministries of Michigan, (also a Parish Member), contacted St Edith about partnering with them in a Spiritual Adoption Program this Advent. With face to face evangelization at a standstill with COVID, this would be a great opportunity for our community to reach out to others. This program will require you to pray for someone in recovery for addictions regarding alcohol, drugs or pornography or family members who are dealing with family suffering from those additions.
Print off the Spiritual Adoption Certificate, write only your FIRST name on it, and then bring it to Church. It's that easy! There will be a container in the Gathering Space for the return of the completed forms. These forms will then be distributed to those who are in need of our prayers.
You, the adopter, will not know the name of the person you are adopting, but you will promise to pray daily for the individual who receives their certificate. It could be as simple as a Hail Mary, or however the Holy Spirit leads them to pray.
Thank you in advance for lifting these souls up in prayer!
Religious Education Announcement
An email was sent to our Religious Education families on November 16 regarding a change for our in-person classes which will be moving to Zoom for the next two sessions. If you are an RE family and have not yet read the email, please see the RE page for more information. For questions please contact email@example.com.
Saturday confession is no longer available. Please email Fr. Jim or call the Parish Office to schedule an appointment.
St. Edith Parishioners, Visitors and Volunteers
Welcome to St. Edith! If you are planning on coming to St. Edith for any reason, we ask that you please consider the following:
- Do you have a temperature of 100.4 or higher or experiencing chills?
- Do you have an abnormal or worsening cough?
- Do you have a runny nose and/or congestion?
- Do you have flu like symptoms such as muscle or body aches, headache, or fatigue?
- Are you experiencing nausea, vomiting or diarrhea?
- Do you have shortness of breath or difficulty breathing?
- Do you have a sore throat?
- Do you have a new loss of taste or smell?
- Have you had close contact with anyone who has had a positive COVID19 test in the past 14 days?
- Has anyone within your household taken a COVID 19 test and are awaiting the results?
- Have you traveled out of the state in the last 14 days?
If you answered YES to any of these questions, (unrelated to a known pre-existing condition, e.g. asthma or allergies), stay home, self-quarantine and follow the advice of your doctor.
If you are an EME and develop symptoms after you fill out the Sign Up Genius, please cancel your sign up and email firstname.lastname@example.org .
Thank you as we all work together to stay safe so that we may worship safely!
The Parish Office Is Closed Temporarily
The Parish Office is closed and the staff are working remotely. Please email or call the Parish Office to leave a message.
Catholic Services Appeal (CSA)
The CSA appeal usually happens in the spring but because of the pandemic it was delayed until now. We are asking you to generously support this year’s CSA.
Consider the benefits:
- We make our CSA target from contributions and not from parish operating funds.
- We get a refund that we can use to make parish capital improvements or keep money on reserve for emergencies in our bank account.
- We have more money from the weekly collection for parish programs.
- Our weekly collections remain stable.
- And, we continue to share Christ in and through the Church of Detroit and our own parish of St. Edith.
- Click here to learn more and see the four ways to contribute!