Lent 2019 - Rediscover the Power of the Sacraments
During Lent, there is a strong focus on prayer, fasting, and almsgiving. All these spiritual exercises help prepare us for the celebration of the passion, death, and resurrection of Jesus. St. Edith has a variety of events, services and activities for everyone to help you prepare this Lenten season!
Lenten Soup Suppers
- Wednesdays, March 13 - April 10, 6:30 pm
- The first week, March 13, features the Parable Project: Take Two!
- During weeks 2-5 (March 20 - April 10), we will be watching and discussing the Power & Grace: A Guide to the Catholic Sacraments
Friday Fish Fry
- Fridays, March 8 - April 19 , 4:30 pm - 7 pm
- Good Friday Fish Fry (April 19) starts at 3:30!
- Join us for the best Fish Fry in town! Dine in or Carry Out!
Stations of the Cross
Eucharistic Adoration and Exposition
- Tuesdays throughout Lent (and all year long), 10 am - 9 pm
- Holy Thursday Adoration (8 pm - midnight)
- Adoration is a very relaxing and peaceful way to pray and spend time with the Lord. We recommend praying during Adoration at least once during Lent!
Lenten Almsgiving Project
- March 9 - April 14
- We will be doing a special collection of items for a different organization every weekend.
Easter Outreach Food Collection
- March 9 - April 7
- The Drop Box will be in the Gathering Area
Lenten Book Club
- Tuesdays, March 12 - April 9 at 7 pm in the Teacher's Lounge
- Discuss the reflection and meditations in Gifts from Within
- March 23 and 24
- All Masses! This is great for families!
Mass and Dinner
- April 6, First Saturday, Mass and Pizza Dinner, 5 pm
- April 7, First Sunday, Mass and Spaghetti Dinner, 5 pm
Communal Reconciliation Services
Holy Week Schedule
- Palm Sunday Weekend (April 13 - 14) Masses Saturday at 5 pm, Sunday 8:30 am and 11 am
- Holy Thursday (April 18) Mass at 7 pm
- Good Friday (April 19) Stations of the Cross at 12 noon, Liturgy of the Word Service at 1 pm
- Holy Saturday (April 20) Food Blessing at 11 am, Easter Vigil Service at 8 pm
- Easter Sunday (April 21) Masses at 8:30 am, 11 am, and 12:30 pm