First Eucharist and First Reconciliation
Preparation and first reception of the Sacraments of Reconciliation and Eucharist take place during the second grade.
The Sacrament books we will use during the 2018-2019 school year will be “Reconciliation” and “Eucharist” published by RCL Benzinger. Each chapter of the book has a family component that we encourage families to share at home.
First Eucharist/First Reconciliation Dates to Note
- Saturday, February 16, 2019 (10 AM): First Reconciliation. Please have your son or daughter in the Church by 9:45 AM (this will be covered at our meeting).
- Saturday, February 23, 2019 (9:30-11:30AM): First Eucharist Prep Session 1. We ask that at least one parent come for the first 30 minutes of this session for a prayer service and to get an overview for preparation for First Eucharist. This session will focus on Baptism and how we are all a part of God’s family – the Church. (Social Hall)
- Saturday, March 23, 2019 (9:30-11:30AM): First Eucharist Prep Session 2. At least one parent needs to come for the first hour of this session. This is our banner making session! The banners will be used to mark the family pew for the First Eucharist Mass. This session will also include a service with a tasting of unconsecrated hosts and wine. (Social Hall)
- Monday, May 6, 2019 (6:30-7:30 PM): First Eucharist Rehearsal. (A.V. Room and School Library)
- Saturday, May 11, 2019 (11:00AM): First Eucharist Mass and Celebration. Please have your son or daughter in the assigned room (A.V. Room or School Library) by 10:30AM.
Please feel free to call or email firstname.lastname@example.org or 734-464-2020 with any questionsGo to main navigation