Advent & Lent
Seasonal faith formation opportunities exist within the season of Advent, Lent and Easter. Some of the annual events include the Women's Advent Tea, the Children's Christmas Pageant, Stations of the Cross, Good Friday prayer service, and Easter Vigil. Other special formation and worship opportunities are made avaiable during these seasons as well.
Lent 2019 - Rediscover the Power of the Sacraments
During Lent, there is a strong focus on prayer, fasting, and almsgiving. All these spiritual exercises help prepare us for the celebration of the passion, death, and resurrection of Jesus. St. Edith has a variety of events, services and activities for everyone to help you prepare this Lenten season!
Holy Week Schedule
- Palm Sunday Weekend (April 13 - 14) Masses Saturday at 5 pm, Sunday 8:30 am and 11 am
- Holy Thursday (April 18) Mass at 7 pm
- Good Friday (April 19) Stations of the Cross at 12 noon, Liturgy of the Word Service at 1 pm
- Holy Saturday (April 20) Food Blessing at 11 am, Easter Vigil Service at 8 pm
- Easter Sunday (April 21) Masses at 8:30 am, 11 am, and 12:30 pm
Communal Reconciliation Services
Friday Fish Fry
- Fridays, March 8 - April 19 , 4:30 pm - 7 pm
- Good Friday Fish Fry (April 19) starts at 3:30!
- Join us for the best Fish Fry in town! Dine in or Carry Out!
Lenten Soup Suppers
- Wednesdays, March 13 - April 10, 6:30 pm
- The first week, March 13, features the Parable Project: Take Two!
- During weeks 2-5 (March 20 - April 10), we will be watching and discussing the Power & Grace: A Guide to the Catholic Sacraments
Stations of the Cross
Eucharistic Adoration and Exposition
- Tuesdays throughout Lent (and all year long), 10 am - 9 pm
- Holy Thursday Adoration (8 pm - midnight)
- Adoration is a very relaxing and peaceful way to pray and spend time with the Lord. We recommend praying during Adoration at least once during Lent!
Lenten Almsgiving Project
- March 9 - April 14
- We will be doing a special collection of items for a different organization every weekend.
Easter Outreach Food Collection
- March 9 - April 7
- The Drop Box will be in the Gathering Area
Lenten Book Club
- Tuesdays, March 12 - April 9 at 7 pm in the Teacher's Lounge
- Discuss the reflection and meditations in Gifts from Within
- March 23 and 24
- All Masses! This is great for families!
Mass and Dinner
- April 6, First Saturday, Mass and Pizza Dinner, 5 pm
- April 7, First Sunday, Mass and Spaghetti Dinner, 5 pm
Go to main navigation